Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sunday, October 02, 2005

The Black Album

This week I have concluded that Metallica's self titled album (a.k.a. the black album) is one of the best metal albums ever.

Boy, did I start out random. Okay, now onto the real reason for posting. I have a little beef with something I read, and no I'm not eating steak. In some reviews about the beloved Serenity there has been some comparison to, which I knew would happen, Star Wars. Sure there in the same genre, but COME ON! (thank you Gob for your input) there are major differences.

1. Star Wars is like a fairy tale of sorts.

2. Serenity is a more realistic story.

There are many other points I could make for quite a long post, but I don't want to bore you all. The two films are on different roads of the sci-fi genre. Serenity is futuristic, where Star Wars takes place A long time ago in a galaxy far far away. Also both have great story lines, which I know all will not agree with me but I'm okay with that.

I guess all I'm trying to say is people need to quit comparing things that are the same on the outside but differ on the inside. I can't look at the house across the street and say "Well, our houses are the same." At first glance they are the same, walls, roof, doors etc. but the content is what makes all the difference.

Star Wars & Serenity are both excellent films of the same genre, but the content is completely different. If anybody tells you different don't be fooled it's just the sith trying to mislead you.

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural." - Supreme Chancellor Palpatine

2 Comments:

At 7:52 PM EDT, Blogger Eliza Osborn said...

I agree. And did you catch this?

http://blogs.starwars.com/ghent/45

 
At 1:13 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A mighty amen to the "Black Album" being one of the best metal albums ever!!! (Is using amen to talk about Metallica a bit sacreligious? I don't think so!)

-Sam Shirey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home